Hand-feed and take photographs with our friendly reindeer, get up close to Dolly the bison, and see Rocky the moose! This is a one hour guided experience. This is an outdoor walking tour, so please…
Availability: First three Saturdays of October (2nd, 9th, and 16th 2021)
Available by Appointment Only
- Person (Ages 3 and older)
The Beauty of Fall in Palmer, AK
Things to know before you come:
- Buy your tickets in advance – This year we are limiting our ticket availability. Timed Ticketing will offer shorter lines and wait times. YOU MUST PURCHASE A TICKET ONLINE TO BE ADMITTED. We will accept walk ins IF we have availability.
- We are going back to full blown Fall Festival. This IS NOT GUIDED. This is a self-guided fun exploration of the farm.
- Dress for the cold on a farm – Even if the day seems warm at your house, dress for cold weather and wind. The Reindeer Farm is located just miles from the Knik Glacier, and we get a lot of wind. A lot. So bare minimum, bring a windbreaker, but gloves and a hat never hurt anyone. And remember, it’s a farm, so there is dirt and dust.
- Bring cash – Most of the activities are free with admission, but there are things that cost extra, like the food vendors, and many of them only take cash.
- Be photo ready – Bring your phone or camera fully charged and ready to capture all the fun shots of your kids having the best time. We don’t have any electrical plugs available for phones, so if you need an extra battery, bring it!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What to wear:
A: Not white! This is a farm. You will be getting dirty. Boots are usually good. If it’s a hot day, tennis shoes. But closed toed shoes.
Q: Will I get to feed the animals?
A: You will get to walk in the reindeer pen, but we are not feeding animals during the fall festival. If you want to feed the reindeer and other animals, you should come on a winter experience tour or summer experience tour. You will still get to be among the reindeer and take photos!
Q: Will we take walk ins on the day of the event?
A: Only if there is availability. People with reservations have a guaranteed spot. If we are sold out, you will need to wait until the next available time slot.
Q: What if I’m late to my scheduled tour?
A: It’s ok, you will lose out on some of your time, each tour is allotted 2.5 hours. Please in your time slot you book. If you come late, you are still expected to depart on your scheduled time.
Q: Can I get a refund?
A: Tickets are 100% refundable up to 24 hours prior to your reservation time. Within the 24 hour window, tickets are non refundable.
Q: How many people per time slot?
A: We are maxing the total people for the day at 2800 (which is a lower number than prior festival years by a lot). The timed ticketing is a way for us to spread people out throughout the day. It will mean less lines, but there may still be lines.
Q: Is this a guided tour?
A: No, you can move about the farm at your own pace, go where you would like! But plan to depart when your time is up, to help us keep our numbers from getting congested.
Q: Will we do the A-MAZE-ING tour again?
A: Lots of people loved the A-MAZE-ING tour! We are going to offer it on Sunday Oct 10th only. Book fast, we expect to sell out.
The AMazing tour is guided. You will follow your guide through 4 sections of the farm. You are free to move about each section in the 30 min time period. 4 sections are:
2. Gift shop, hot chocolate/popcorn, spooky walk, pony rides
3. Hay maze, slides
4. Games/hay play
Q: Can I come to the pumpkin patch only?
A: Yes, you may. Pumpkins are $20 each for large pumpkins and $15 for small pumpkins if you are only doing the pumpkins patch.
If you are doing the whole fall festival pumpkins are $15 for large pumpkins and $10 for small pumpkins. Pumpkins are NOT included in admission price.
Q: What is the difference between the A-MAZE-ING tour and the Fall Family Fun?
A: The A-MAZ-ING TOUR is guided. It is 2 hours. There will be more Animal interaction (feeding the animals). You can book a private tour, then your group will be the only ones with your tour guide. Virtually no lines. However- no live band, no horse drawn wagon rides, and no inflatables. Pumpkin patch and Dasher Dawgs will be open.
FALL FAMILY FUN is larger crowds. It will include Live music (11-3) Carhartt Brothers. We will have Horse Drawn Wagon rides, Inflatable Obstacle course, hay play, hay maze, pony ride, horse drawn wagon rides, games, potato launch, and more!
Expect lines, 2.5 hours, timed ticketing, Husky Burger and Dasher Dawgs will be food vendors, pumpkin patch will be open.
We will not be feeding Animals at the Fall Festival this year. You will be able to hang out with them and you can go in as many times as you want, but we will not be feeding them.
If you have any other questions feel free to reach out to us!
- Reindeer tour
- Pony rides (ages 10 and under)
- Spooky walk (haunted house for kids)
- Tractor-pulled wagon rides
- Hay bale maze
- Games for kids
- Pumpkin from the pumpkin patch ($15 with purchase of admission, $20 pumpkin patch only)